DNA Paternity Test for Aborted Fetus DNA Paternity Test for Aborted Fetus
O.G.M.S. TOP > DNA Paternity Test for Aborted Fetus

DNA Paternity Test for Aborted Fetus

It is a DNA type test that examines the parent-child relationship with the fetus after abortion surgery.
Next-generation sequencing (NGS) confirms parent-child relationships by comparing fetal DNA, maternal DNA, and potentially paternal male DNA.

Can any sample be tested?

It can be examined even if there is only a small part of the fetal tissue.
It is necessary to distinguish between maternal and fetal tissue for accurate testing. In addition, in order to prevent DNA degradation, it is necessary to submit the sample immediately after the abortion operation.
For these reasons, after applying for an examination in advance, the abortion operation will be performed at our designated medical institution. Please ensure you have applied for this test before you get your abortion procedure. If you apply for this through O.G.M.S., you can only use our designated medical institution for your procedure.

How do you collect the DNA of the mother and also a man who may be the father?

Rub the inside of the cheek with a cotton swab to collect the oral epithelium and submit that sample.

How accurate is the appraisal?

The minimum guaranteed accuracy of parent-child relationship is 99.99%, and denial can provide a paternity affirmation probability of 0%.

In theory, 100% appraisal is not possible, and there is virtually no way to deny a result with a 99.9% paternity affirmation probability. (A repeated test would have the same result.)
In the case where the presumed father is an identical twin, the result may be inconclusive (between the two twins) because they have the same genotype.

What kind of appraisal is it?

There are two types of appraisal, "private appraisal" and "legal appraisal.”
Private appraisal: An appraisal conducted for the purpose of confirming the results. If you do not submit it to a public institution, this is sufficient.
Legal appraisal: An appraisal that can be submitted as proof of parent-child relationship in mediation or trial.
There is no difference in the accuracy of the appraisal results.

Inquiries │

We accept inquiries by email.  Tokyo · Osaka │ O.G.M.S.

Here is the mail to O.G.M.S.

DNA Paternity Test for Aborted Fetus

The email address may vary depending on the content of your inquiry. Please check the mail address on each service page.

There may be a delayed reply to inquiries received at night, weekends/holidays, winter and summer break.
It may take some time to reply depending on the nature of the inquiry.